An SH file is a Script Programmed for Bash, which is a command language of Unix Shell and replaces the Bourne Shell. It includes the instructions written in the Bash language that is executed by typing text commands within the shell’s command-line interface. Bash application programs use scripts that are used by many Linux distributions and OS X. developer files. SH files created and saved in the bash language. SH files often used by the program developers, and these files are equally essential for the Bash application because this application mainly uses scripts along with the commands to be executed and make this application work.
The commands that include in the SH files vary and the SH file extension is now developed into the interactive command interpreter, although initially, it was a scripting language. Applications like C-Shell, Korn Shell, and Bourne Shell also use the SH files for the storage of scripts. There are many scripting languages which have many different purposes and environment amongst which Bash scripting is the one which we have discussed above, which used to work in Linux. Linux includes the SH files or Shell Script files. In Bash language, any command that you want to run in the terminal can be put in the Script file to execute them. Also, if you have a sequence of commands that you need to perform very often, then put this into a script and just call the text. A script file doesn’t have to hold the file extension of .sh. Linux is not Windows, as the first line of code is known as “Shebang” in the file, which will be enough to make sure that it is a script file for the programs.
Programs that open SH files
- Apple Terminal
- GNU Bash
How to open SH file in windows 10
You can open Shell Script files by two different methods without installing ubuntu or any other Linux Distros unless your scripts need the support of real Linux Kernel. Here are the ways:-
1. Execute SH file using WSL
2. Execute SH file using Ubuntu on Windows 10
Method 1:- Execute SH file using WSL
Install the Windows Subsystem for Linux.
- Go to Settings
- Then move to Update and security
- Select the “For Developers”
- Now check out the Developer Mode radio button
- Browse “Windows features.”
- Then select the “Turn Windows features on or off.”
- At last, scroll down to find WSL and click on the install button.
- After installation press the restart button
Execute SH files
- Firstly command prompt and browse the folder where your SH file is existing
- Type bash SH filename.sh and tap the Enter Key.
- Execute the script, and depending on the file, see the output.
Method 2:- Execute SH file using Ubuntu on Windows 10
- Type “Bash” in run prompt, which launches the distro prompt.
- Browse the folder by using the “cd” command to the folder where the scripts exist.
- Type “script filename.sh”and tap Enter.
- It executes the script, and if they are dependent on any of the core Linux features.
Open SH files by using the GUI method.
- Select the file by using the Mouse.
- Right-tap on the file.
- Select “properties.”
- Tap the “permissions “button
- Choose “Allow Executing File” tab as a program.
- Lastly, tap the file name, and you will be prompted immediately and choose the “Run in the terminal” tab, and it will get executed in the terminal.
How to convert SH file?
An SH file can be converted into a PDF file format with the help of PDF24 Creator, here below down gives you the few steps to perform the conversion method:-
- Firstly install the PDF24 Creator on your computer.
- Open your .sh file in a reader that you want to open the file.
- Then print the file on the virtual PDF24 PDF printer.
- Then PDF24 assistant gets open where you can easily save your file as a PDF, email, fax, or editing the new record.