The best method to set up an incoming email in a better way is to create a new filter. Let us see how to create it.
Create a New Filter
- Firstly, log into the Zoho Mail
- Click on the settings icon.
- Go to the Filters tab.
- If you hold multiple email accounts configured, then first select the required account.
- Open the “Incoming Emails Filter” tab and then tap the “New Filter” button.
- On clicking the “New filter” tab, then the “Create Filter” dialog box pops up. You are then required to fill the Name, Filter Conditions, and Actions in this dialog box.
- Provide a Name for the filter you will be identifying it through.
- Select the actions for your filter. That how you want your filter to be run.
- Choose the correct parameter for the Condition Type and then provide the Condition for the particular parameter.
- Select the pattern for matching to connect the conditions that you have provided.
- After adding the necessary conditions, select the actions that you wish to set for your filter.
- For the actions like ‘Move to folder,’ ‘Flag as,’ and ‘Tag as’ select the appropriate folder, Tag, or flag from the drop-down list across the actions field.
- Select the ‘Stop Processing Other Filters’ to stop the execution of other filters.
- Click on the ‘Save’ button to save your filter preferences.
Conditions and Actions
A custom filter has two parts
Multiple conditions and multiple actions can be set up also based on your requirements.
1.Manage your Mailbox
- Move to the folder – you can select a specific folder and then move the Email to a definite folder. A new folder can also be created if you do not already have a set of conditions.
- Apply selected Tag – you can select a Tag that can be applied to the Email.
- Mark it as Read/Unread – Read/Unread state of Email can be changed.
- Delete the Email – based on some conditions. Emails can be moved directly to the Trash. For example, it will be very helpful for the Condition when some newsletters keep coming several times even after you unsubscribe.
- Delete after N days – it is always recommended to select the option of “Delete N days” action with the “Move to folder” action as you will have an idea that emails in that particular folder will be deleted aster some specific period or after some particularly defined number of days.
- Forward the Mail – Conditional forwarding of mails instead of forwarding all the mails. You can set some conditions based on which only some emails can be forwarded.
- Don’t add the attachments to the Attachment viewer – if this action has been selected, then the incoming attachments will not be added to the attachment viewer.
2.Process your Emails
- Add Mail as notes – Add the complete Email as a note, with Subject as a Title and content as the Notes.
- Assign Email as a task – Add Email as the task, with Subject as the Title and the content as a Description.
- Custom Functions – Customise the filter actions and conditions by using the available parameters.
3.Manage your Attachments
- Adding attachments to the Dropbox
- To Google Drive
- To one Drive
- To Box
- To Zoho Docs
- Don’t add attachments to the Attachment Viewer
How to move emails to a folder automatically in Gmail App (iOS, Android)
- open web browser on your iOS or Android device.
- Visit google.com
- You may be asked to confirm that if you want to visit the HTML version of Gmail. So, confirm your choice.
To move it automatically to a folder in the HTML version of Gmail on iOS or Android.
- Click on the “Create a filter” option next to the search bar.
- Select the search criteria to specify which emails will be affected by the filter.
- Test the search criteria by tapping on the “Test Search” button.
- When you are satisfied with your search made, click on “Next Step.”
- Select the action that you would like to take on the messages that match up you are specified.
- Finally, click on the “Create Filter” to create a new filter.